Euro Spa of Naples Beauty
Water: The Key to Natural Beauty
Thanks to technological advances, experts in dermatology have been able to observe the effect that our diet has on our skin’s texture and appearance.
Many recent studies in dermatology confirm that the most significant factor in skincare does not only depend on the cosmetics that we apply (which, of course, do make a difference) but also largely on our diet.
So…which diet should we implement to look great?
Our body is 70 percent water; therefore, it’s logical that any lack of sufficient water intake will affect our appearance.
That’s why drinking water is undoubtedly the easiest and most efficient way of preventing the signs of aging, maintaining the skin smooth and the body healthy.
HOW DOES WATER AFFECT OUR SKIN?
Water eliminates the toxins in our body that are daily stored up through contact with pollutants, tobacco smoke, stress and other sources of free radical formation. Concretely, free radicals are the principal cause of skin diseases and premature aging.
Water not only gives skin a more youthful appearance but also eliminates all of these elements, which cause the appearance of acne. Acne is formed by the accumulation of bacteria, oil, dead skin and dirt on the skin. Even for those with oily skin and problems with acne, water is needed to wash away both internal and external impurities.
Additionally, water helps vitamins and nutrients to easily flow throughout the body. In particular, it collaborates with all of the body’s organs to distribute vitamins E, C and B12, which help maintain the skin smooth and young.
HOW MUCH WATER DO I NEED TO DRINK DAILY?
Normally it’s recommended that a person drink at least a liter and a half of water, although many dermatologists recommend increasing the dose to two or three daily liters.
WHEN IS IT ESSENTIAL TO DRINK WATER?
It’s very important to drink and recuperate lost fluid after exercising or sunbathing. Don’t forget that water is good not only for your organism but also for your outward appearance.
WATER INSIDE AND WATER OUTSIDE
When cleansing facial skin or the body, it’s best that the water be lukewarm. Very hot water can dry out the skin excessively, but at an adequate temperature, its cleansing power is enormous.
Drink water first thing in the morning; it will help eliminate a puffy or swollen face.
Who would have thought that water would end up being one of the most relevant beauty secrets in the new millennium?
20 Simple Wrinkle Erasers
Aging of the skin is a natural process by which the collagen and elastin, that keep our skin looking firm and youthful, begin to decline, this results in wrinkles. Cell production and cell quality also diminish over time resulting in wrinkles. These factors unfortunately are out of our control, though diet and supplements can slow down the process, it won’t stop it.
The influences that are within our control are largely environmental such as pollution (eg; smoking) and sun damage. Here are 20 easy ways to reduce wrinkles and slow down the aging process.
- Stop smoking (It’s #1 for a reason)
- Always wear sunscreen whether it’s cloudy or sunny and don’t sunbake.
- Hydrate your skin by drinking about 8 glasses of water a day.
- Use skincareproducts that contain antioxidants and AHA's.
- Moisturize the skin on your face twice daily.
- Reduce stress. (Try reading, exercising, meditating) 15 minutes a day is a good start.
- Reduce alcohol consumption. Overindulgingcan put enormous strain on your system and will accelerate wrinkles forming.
- Eat healthily by incorporating plenty of fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
- Sleep at least 8 hours every night.
- Eat fish three times a week. Great for the skin and general health.
- Check with your doctor about taking supplements, your diet may be lacking some of the important ones.
- Use an eye cream for the delicate skin around the eyes nightly.
- Facial scrubs remove the build-upof dead cells that can increase the appearance of wrinkles, try this weekly.
- Use natural skincareproducts that will nourish your skin and give it lots of vitamins and minerals to help it stay fresh and healthy.
- Jojoba oil resembles the skin’snatural oils. Dab this around the eyes to keep wrinkles at bay.
- Take vitamin C supplements and use products that contain vitamin C, it will help boost your collagen.
- Start a good skincareroutine in your 20’s. Prevention is easier than acure.
- Honey is known worldwide for itsbeneficial abilities. Use a honey mask weekly. Simply apply the honey to your face and neck and leave for 30 minutes then rinse off. This mask will "feed" your skin with nutrients.
- Aloe Vera and Avocado oil both have the ability to prevent the skin from drying out; they are both used to improve the skin’selasticity.
- A soothing way to help achieve a wrinkle-free face is to lie on your back with your knees elevated by placing a pillow or cushion beneath them.
Try this when you are watching TV or reading.
The secret for looking youthful has been a constant question since the beginning of time it seems. In fact, many researchers have done some experiments to find ways to slow down the aging process.
There are some techniques that have been implemented, but the most important things for us to do are being consistent in implementing a healthy lifestyle and eating habits.
We can’t stop the natural change, but we can still look younger if we want to work hard to slow down the aging process.
Therefore, I’m going to help you with 10 easy steps to make you look younger:
Detox: It’s important to start detoxification, getting rid of toxins from our bodies. Our body’smetabolism has done that process, but in everyday life, we are exposed to so many chemical hazards from air, food, and environment. Fasting or just consuming fruits and vegetables are ways to detoxify our bodies.
Sleep: Having enough sleep, at least 6-8 hours a day, will make our skin healthier. Having a good sleep is also important because the growth hormone is working during that time. It renews the old cell of our body, includingthe skin cell. Our skin will look fresh and young if we have enough sleep.
Food: Eating healthy and safe food every daywill make our body fit, slim, and also look younger. Try to eat more fish instead of red meat. Fiber foods, vegetables, fruits, and supplements are important food to consume. Drink less coffee and other caffeine beverages.
Exercise:Through routine exercise, we will feel happier, energetic, and confident. It also increases our bone density and muscle which can make our body look 15-20 years younger.
Relax: By trying to be relaxed, our face will look younger. Stress and worries appear on our face. If we can manage our stress and feel at peace, our face will look younger and attractive.
Be Positive: A positive mind and affirmations can lead to a healthier life. Negative thoughts tend to bring failure and make us look older. Meditation can lead to a positive mindset.
Medical Check-up: Just like a car, our body also needs attention and care so it can work well every day. Having routine medical checkups during our life is important to recognize diseases as soon as possible. A monthly facial or massage is good for you as well and very healing.
Active Life: Always try to be active during your life. Activities can increase health; and if you are in your elder age, your memory will increase too.
Social Life: Happy social life can increase our spirit, bring a peaceful mind, and make us feel and look younger. Communication with our friends, family, neighbors, colleagues, and others can bring happiness to us.
Performance: Start to look at our performance. Is our body weight ideal for us? If not, try to fix that to the best ideal weight. Also look at theskin, hair, nail, and teeth. Those are important as they will show our age. Looking good and feeling good will increase our performance.
An #avocado a day you say? Why should you? Contains more potassium than bananas. It's loaded With Heart-Healthy Monounsaturated Fatty Acids, Fiber and can ower Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels
It’s a healthy fat and is high in soluble fibre that has been shown to reduce belly fat by suppressing appetite.
The best part is what it can do for your skin because it contains vitamins E and C, which are important for healthy skin.
Euro Spa of Naples
Did you know meatless farm sales have increased by over 150% in the last year?Citizens are discovering that turning to holistic nutrition can improve health, increase energy and lengthen your life span.
One important life factor the Coronavirus brought American's attention to is learning about the importance of a plant based diet so we decided to share some recipes ideas from Healthline on the delicious food that can improve your skin and over all health.
- Breakfast: Oatmeal made with coconut milk topped with berries, coconut and walnuts.
- Lunch: Large salad topped with fresh vegetables, chickpeas, avocado, pumpkin seeds and goat cheese.
- Dinner: Butternut squash curry.
- Breakfast: Full-fat plain yogurt topped with sliced strawberries, unsweetened coconut and pumpkin seeds.
- Lunch: Meatless chili.
- Dinner: Sweet potato and black bean tacos.
- Breakfast: A smoothie made with unsweetened coconut milk, berries, peanut butter and unsweetened plant-based protein powder.
- Lunch: Hummus and veggie wrap.
- Dinner: Zucchini noodles tossed in pesto with chicken meatballs.
- Breakfast: Savory oatmeal with avocado, salsa and black beans.
- Lunch: Quinoa, veggie and feta salad.
- Dinner: Grilled fish with roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli.
- Breakfast: Tofu and vegetable frittata.
- Lunch: Large salad topped with grilled shrimp.
- Dinner: Roasted portobello fajitas.
- Breakfast: Blackberry, kale, cashew butter and coconut protein smoothie.
- Lunch: Vegetable, avocado and brown rice sushi with a seaweed salad.
- Dinner: Eggplant lasagna made with cheese and a large green salad.
- Breakfast: Vegetable omelet made with eggs.
- Lunch: Roasted vegetable and tahini quinoa bowl.
- Dinner: Black bean burgers served on a large salad with sliced avocado.
Are you plant based or considering to switch? We would love to hear your insight on how its changed your life for the better! Stay happy & healthy.
Eating the right foods helps not only with nutrition and weight but also affects your skin. Through all of my research, I've found that 80% of your diet should be vegetables like dark green leafy vegetables, ! It may be hard to get all of that in or eat the required amount, so I drink my way to healthy skin! And of course, lots of water! Here is some of my routine: Keep Reading ...